tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 15 06:07:12 1998

Re: SIS

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:54:39 -0700 (PDT) [email protected]
wrote:

> In a message dated 98-06-13 11:14:46 EDT, ter'eS wrote:
>
> << qaStaHvIS Hoch nungbogh Hogh SIS 'ej SISqa'.   >>
>
> Putting Hoch before nungbogh Hogh implies that nungbogh Hogh works together as
> one compound noun, right?  Interesting?

Why do you consider the verb {nungbogh} to be a noun? Perhaps it
is just your choice of terminology. Meanwhile, I read this as a
rather odd sounding:

"It rains while the week which preceeds everything happens and
it rains repeatedly," or less likely, "It rains while everything
which is preceeded by the week happens and it rains again."

I see tereS using {nung} as a transitive verb with {Hogh} as
subject and {Hoch} as object. {Hoch nungbogh Hogh} then becomes
a relative clause. It does sound like tereS likely didn't intend
this message to mean what it appears to mean, but I would not
relate the error to anything I'd call a compound noun.

> peHruS

charghwI'

Back to archive top level