tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 03 17:33:03 1998

Re: KLBC: Simple plurals

At 17:10 98-06-03 -0700, Matthew Peperell wrote:
}On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 09:54:35PM -0700, Qov wrote:
}> Now: re-read section 3.3.2 carefully, and form the normal plurals of the
}> following nouns:
}>
}> volchaH, romuluSngan, tera', ghIch, yoD, peng, Qugh, qIgh, puq, boQ, pIp,
}> taj, lojmIt
}Forgive the long wait.  Exams are looming close so I'm juggling with learning
}Klingon and 3 other syllabuses :-)
}
}volchaHDu', romuluSnganpu', tera'mey, ghIchDu', yoDmey, pengmey,
}Qughmey, qIchmey, puqpu', boQpu', pIpDu', tajmey, lojmItmey,
}
}Surely I can't make a mistake with exercises as simple as this! I'll await a
}verdict from Qov.

Well, I didn't want you to get too cocky, so I included a trick question.
They are all correct except for {peng}, whose normal plural is the irregular
{cha}.  {pengmey} has the special meaning "torpedoes all over the place."
You've proved that it was just lack of practice and not of understanding
that caused the other plural errors, and you've broken your habit of
forgetting about {-mey}.  maj.  Turn every new concept into a simple
practice exercise until it's all simple, including making a speech in fluent
Hol. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level