tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 03 11:59:13 1998

RE: wanI' Huj

ghel Qonaq:

><< peHruSvaD jang Holtej:>>
>
>What is the definition/meaning of peHruSvaD and peHruS? I can't seem to
>find it.

As you noted in another post, peHruS is a name, so what I said was
"Holtej answers peHruS". I don't like the way my mailer identifies the
hand.

>Also your statement : << Hagh qoHpu' neH reghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu' >> does
>that mean something like "Only fools laugh at warriors bleeding"?

This was an attempt to be clever. One of the "replacement proverbs" from
the Conversational Klingon audiocassette is << Hagh qoHpu' neH
HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu' >>. Replacement proverbs are used to replace lost
honor after a social misstep, such as clumsily dropping food on the
floor (instead of eating it or flinging it at a tablemate in order to
start a food fight). Since Holtej's initial message concerned an
unexpected bloody nose, my little alteration seemed appropriate.

pagh

Back to archive top level