tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 03 11:41:19 1998

RE: wanI' Huj

QonaHvo':

> What is the definition/meaning of peHruSvaD and peHruS? I can't
> seem to find it.
> Ignore the first part of my of my previous post, I finally figured out
> peHruS was a name.

The more time you spend on the list, the more accustomed you'll become to
other people's monikers.

> Also your statement : << Hagh qoHpu' neH reghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu' >> does that
> mean something like "Only fools laugh at warriors bleeding"?

This was a joke.  The correct expression is /Hagh qoHpu' neH HeghtaHvIS
SuvwI'pu'/, which translates as "only fools laugh while a warrior dies."
This is a Klingon proverb, from (I believe) PK and KGT.

My original post was about bleeding.  peHruS had said he thought it was
funny, so I complained (jokingly) that he was laughing at my pain, the story
wasn't meant to be funny.  pagh was punning on the similarity of /Hegh/ and
/regh/.  It was quite an excellent pun, btw, I'm disappointed it didn't
occur to me!  ;)

> QonaH

--Holtej

Back to archive top level