tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 01 02:07:29 1998

Re: Beginner's questions

[email protected] wrote:

> nuqneH

> very beginning of the tape (the intro scene rendered in tlhIngan Hol...which
> starts out with "tujqu'choH QuQ"). While I understand some of the phrases
> uttered in the scene, I can't figure out most of the middle. Would anyone be
> able to write down the whole scene with its translation?

Glad to.

tujqu'choH QuQ
(The engine is overheating.)

nughoS chaH
(They approach us.)

chay' jura'
(What are your orders?)

Qu'vatlh
(@#$%!! (expletive))

batlh maHegh
(We die honorably.)

cha yIghuS
(Stand by torpedoes!)

So'wI' yIchu'Ha'
(Deactivate the cloaking device!)

baH
(Fire!)

bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh
(Surrender or die!)

tlhIngan maH
(We are Klingons!)

You can find complete transcriptions of CK, TKW, PK ect at
http://www.bahnhof.se/~dark/data/
You will need a copy of TKD in hand to access this site.  For copyright protection
you will have to enter the asked for word from TKD.

>  Is there a simple way to tell
> the difference between the upper case "i" and the lower case "L"?

I don't seem to have this problem.  My lower case "L" and upper case "I"  look
very different.  Have you tried using a different font?

> Lastly, as a learning tool I would be very curious as to how this message
> would have looked written in klingon. If anyone is ambitious enough to
> translate it so that I may study it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have to leave this to someone else.  I am a beginner as well.  I still speak
puq Hol, badly.

lung

Back to archive top level