tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 29 09:49:10 1998

Re: KLBC - attempt at translation

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Steven Boozer wrote:

> : I had thought *I* since the wa'DIch is making the pledge of behalf of the
> crew...
> :
> : Kreth
>
> .. and she hands her PADD (which presumably contains the current crew
> roster, their oaths of service, crew performance evaluations, the ship's
> Record of Battle, etc.) to the captain, who takes it from her.  The use of
> the first person is entirely appropriate and nicely matches the action of
> the ritual.
>
> Voragh

That was what I had hoped <g>. As to the nature of this ritual, perhaps I
should clarify. The ritual I am attempting to translate is repeated at the
beginning of each sim, as part of the briefing process. So this is not a
one time occurence, another reason why I chose not to use the ritual
from KGT.
Thank you both for your responses (Voragh and Qov).

Kreth

Back to archive top level