tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 20 07:44:40 1998

Re: Transcribing movie soundtracks

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:42:21 -0700 (PDT) Christiane Scharf
<[email protected]> wrote:

> >   Grokh:  Qo'! pe'vIl DIHIvlaH, <kapla> tlhob <be --- HaH>          (??)
>
> To me, the second part sounded like: *tlhepegh ghuweghlaHaH* (?????????)

Now, I KNOW we are talking about the same scene. Syllables
stumbled over each other while he was spread over the table
looking very frustrated. I couldn't tell if I was watching a
general frustrated by the urgency of the situation, or an actor
frustrated by the expectation that he was supposed to pronounce
something he definitely did not understand and could not
remember. I even thought his eyes cut to someone off camera to
see if it was good enough "this time", but I'm sure that was
just my imagination.

> > Well, at least it's a *little* better than I started with.
> > Thanks for your suggestions.  It always helps to have another set of ears
> > (not to mention a different set of audio speakers) listen to these
> > problematic lines.  With enough time, we just might be able to reconstruct them.
>
> Maybe, but probably not the "waWAwawa" sentence.

Yep. I think that one is a lost cause.

> > Voragh                          "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
> > Ca'Non Master of the Klingons    lis est."        - Horace, Ars Poetica
>
> HovqIj

charghwI'

Back to archive top level