tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 24 19:37:36 1998

Re: Klingon in Linux

I don't know everything about this myself. but I do know it is related to
unicode support. Perhaps  comp.os.linux and the alt.os.linux news
hierarchy would be a good place to start. If you can read a second
langauge such as german/french or italian.  there is how-Tos of how to set
linux up for an alternate language including   changing your system man
pages and programs  text/graphics output. You can find these howto in the
following place
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux
look in I think its documetation/howto there you will see  files that
begin to  answer your question.
	I don't know Klingon enough to speak or write it. but I do
understand your desires. I am trying to find an english to Italian Howto.
in English ;* so I can  practice my italian comprehension.

				B'ichela
When a Klingon  goes to Linux.  It means one must respect the Klingons
pride and honorable decision to work their  computers to their fullest
potential.
	Linux is Proudly displayed  to all my friends. and I help  get
others going  on this powerful  alternative to the  watered down mush
served by Microslop.

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Chris Lipscombe wrote:

> I am running a Linux system and I have heard from many places that the
> Kernel supports tlhIngan Hol, but I don't know how to change the default
> language.
>
> Can anyone one here tell me how this is done?
>
> boSov'a'?
>
> qurgh HoD
>
>   <mI' jIHbe', loD tlhab jIH!>

Back to archive top level