tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 03 15:09:04 1998

Re: Qo'noSian animals

At 10:41 PM 8/1/98 -0700, Voragh wrote:

>>>It is an animal.  TKW refers to the dish {pIpyuS pach} "pipius claw".
>>>
>>>-- ghunchu'wI'
>>
>>Would this be some sort of crustacean (sp?), ie. lobster/ crab...??
>
>That's what most of us are assuming.  Was there a picture of either a pipius
>or the food item "pipius claw" in KCD?

_I_ was certainly assuming so when I proposed the word /pach/ as
descriptive of the C-shaped end of a /betleH/.  But, on a webpage
of Klingon recipes maintained by K'Tesh (I think - I got to it through
K'Mel's Klingon Website), s/he discusses /pIpyuS pach/.  In the only known
picture of it, it appears to be a bowl full of chicken feet.  K'Tesh
speculates that this means the /pIpyuS/ is bird-like, but that doesn't
necessarily follow.  But it does seem that a /pIpyuS pach/ isn't at all
like a lobster claw.  Do'Ha'.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level