tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 02 11:37:45 1998

Re: KLBC : and

---David Baxter <[email protected]> wrote:

> chobuQ tera'ngan vIHoH
> You threaten me. I kill the Terran.
>
> ChobuQ 'ej tera'ngan vIHoH
> You threaten me and I kill the Terran.

If I miss the misspelling of /chobuQ/, and if you understand that your
sentence above is not a threat, just two independent statements, like
"you eat pastrami and I play the guitar," then this is fine.

Not yet.  I said:

> >See section 5.3.  Read it twice.  Then blink and read it again.
> >How would you say: "You threaten me and I kill the Terran and the
> >Romulan."
> >Look CAREFULLY where to put the second and.  It's not where
> >you might think.

I guess you'd better read that section a fourth time, especially the
line that reads "The conjunctions joining nouns come after the final
noun."

Try again.
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian