tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 29 11:03:51 1997

Re: Tremal-Naik strikes back! :)

ghel SuStel
>[email protected] on behalf of Qov wrote:
>> mang paQDI'norgh wa'DIch yIqel: bIloSmeH yItugh
>
>yItugh? nuqjatlh?

HIvqa' veqlargh.  {moD} vIQubtaHvIS {tugh} vIghItlh.
rarHa'law' yabwIj'e'.  Qov!  QIghpejlIj!  wa'maH lup!

{bIloSmeH yImoD} - "Hurry up and wait"
Or, as it's usually a whole bunch of soldiers, better:
{SuloSmeH pemoD}

For those who don't know, {tugh}, as well as being the adverb soon,
is a stand alone exclamation for "hurry up."  What SuStel caught me
doing is about as bad as saying {*jImaj} for "I am good."
Exclamations are NOT verbs and we can't pop them into sentences in
that role and expect them to make any sense.

- Qov

Back to archive top level