tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 28 23:58:46 1997

Re: KLBC :juHmaj

At 22:39 97-09-28 -0700, jeyD wrote:
}juHmaj luchoHta' qorDu'wI'.

Even though your family is composed of multiple individuals who are capable
of using speech, it is not itself a speech-capable being, and the word
{qorDu'} is grammatically singular. So say {juHmaj choHta' qorDu'wIj} "My
family has changed our home"

}pa'mey mech De'wI'maj pa', be'nI'wI' pa' je.

I don't believe we've ever heard {mech} in canon, but I would suspect that
the subject was the parties doing the trading and the object was what they
were trading. Also consider the verb {tam} - exchange, substitute.

}DaH be'nI'wI' pa' tIn law' pa'wIj tIn puS,

maj.

}	'ej Dah machmo' De'wI'maj, jIQeH.

Shift key again: {DaH}.

De'wI' mach Dapar'a'? qatlh?