tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 23 11:47:58 1997

Re: "monotonous"

>qoror here. Here's a way I came up with to express the concept
>"monotonous": {pe'vIl rap}.

I would not read this as "monotonous."

{pe'vIl} means "forcefully" or "by force."
{rap} means "be the same."

With no context at all I would translate this as either "they were
forced to be alike" or maybe "they were similar in a way that forced
itself on you, they were strikingly similar"

For monotonous, perhaps:

rapqu'taH pemmeywIj Dal - My boring days go on being just the same.
qaStaH 'ej choHbe'taHqu' - It continued to occur and absolutely
contunued to not change.

- Qov

Back to archive top level