tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 22 11:59:37 1997

Re: Klingon Name

> Qapla'
You should post this as KLBC!

> yIn DayajmeH 'oy' yISIQ {to understand life, you must endure pain}
look on other posts how to use the quotation marks!
{this is for tlhIngan Hol}
"This is the english translation"
*unknown word*

> My 'oy' is my name search.  'e' vIHar {i believe that} QatanI -or- K'tahni
> might be good for (phonetically: kah-tah-nee [= K'Tony]).
{'e' vIHar} can only be used after a sentence as object (SAO) construction.
look on this list's FAQ about names, thru the KLI - Website www.kli.org

> DaH qaja' 'e' vIHar  {now I tell you I believe that}  this is maj.
Here I can show your mistake: This is translated as:
"I believe that I tell you" [now I-you tell that I-it believe]
{maj} is only an exclamation, not a verb meening "be good". I say {maj} when
you did something really good, like shouting "bravo!"

> Am I right, or does this sound Dogh?  (Don't make me QeH)
Please do  n o t  mix Klingon and english! I might sound funny for beginners,
but it only confuses other people and looks just too weird. Imagine this:
"Bitte do niet melanger tlhIngan Hol"

> yIQuchlu'
If you want to say "be Happy", you don't need the {-lu'} suffix. I don't like
this with {yI-}...It sounds to much like an order, and by the way it is so
... un-klingon!
I would say this as {bIQuchjaj}. "May you be happy"

> QatanI
> Tony - newest member of KAG
What is the KAG? Koninklijk Atheneum Genk? I don't think so!

pe'vIl muqaDmey tIbach

muHwI'
Stardate 97727.7

Back to archive top level