tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 20 13:23:35 1997

Re: [KLBC] RHOTS

ghItlh Tad Stauffer
>  To say "I'm really valuable" using {lo'laH}, I'd probably say {mulo'laH
>vay'}, or if you really want, {vIlo'luH} or {vIlo'la'}.  However, "Someone
>can use me" seems odd to me, so something along the lines of
{jIpotlhchu'qu'}
>might be better.

I thought of something that we occasionally use that possibly parallels the
usage of {-luH} and {-la'}.  When someone uses the word "f***ing" three or
more times in one sentence, it "grates on the ear" and its
inappropriateness is what gives it force.

>   Speaking of {-lu'} and {-laH}, note also that both syllables of
{Qapla'}
>can now be analyzed: "Success is possible," or "One is able to win."<

Ah!  majQa'!
QaplaH vay'
qoror

Back to archive top level