tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 19 02:20:39 1997

KLBC: The Unforgettable

nuqneH?

I have been contemplating these home-grown constructions to refer to the
Kahless the Unforgettable.

We know that the Klingon for "Kahless" is {qeylIS}, but that's it.
Episodes of Star Trek have given Kahless the title "the Unforgettable."
To complete the phrase in tlhIngan Hol I have devised these
constructions below.  See what you think.

qeylIS DalIjlaHbe'  / "Kahless, You cannot forget him"
(In this example, the "you" refers to the person being addressed by the
speaker.)

qeylIS Daqawlu' / "Kahless, you are remembered"
(In this example, the "you" refers to Kahless himself.)

qeylIS lIjlaHbe'  / "Kahless, not forgettable"
(This is rather straight-forward, but I question the grammar.)

If there has been any canon or prior discussion regarding the title of
the "first" Kahless, please enlighten me.

On a related issue, if I wrote/spoke {qeylIS voDleH} or {qeylIS ta'} for
"Emperor Kahless," would this be understood as referring to the clone of
Kahless exclusively or would this include the original Kahless.  (Does
anyone know if the original Kahless was the Emperor of Qo'noS?  I can't
remember.)

*Dawut*
HovpoH 97717.4