tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 15 20:26:10 1997

Re: big numbers

[email protected] on behalf of Marc Paige wrote:
> This leads me to believe that the answer to the original question must
> be <wejmaH'uy'> for 30,000,000 and not <wejmaH wa''uy'>.

I believe the answer is of one of two forms (or even both).  (1) There are
other number-forming elements we're not familiar with yet, (2) Klingons have
some sort of scientific notation just as we do, and we don't know how to use
it.

There's a third possibility, of course.  (3) Higher Klingon numbers are even
stranger than this, and they don't follow any known numeric conventions at
all.

--
SuStel
qoH vuvbe' SuStel