tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 10 20:14:40 1997

No Subject

charghwI' wrote:
> By the way, that's a quote from WAAAAY back there. Old posts
> never die. They just wait to be discussed AGAIN.

That's not WAAAAY back.  THIS is WAAAAY back:

On Fri, 2 Jul 93 15:25:51 EDT charghwI' wrote:
>On Jul 1, 1993 11:55am, [email protected] wrote:
>> I'm curious... how many people do you think that there are,
>> world wide, who are capable of:
>>
>> 1) Holding a five minute conversation in Klingon?
>
>Very few. Probably less than 6.

Hmm.  Where are we four years later?  The majority at qep'a' loSDIch could
participate in a five minute conversation.  For some there would be a lot of
nodding and smiling, but following and making the occasional comment.

If the conversation was slow, on a restricted topic and allowed a fair
amount of repetition could we count thirty or forty who could do it?  Am I
wildly optimistic or short? Does it count if the other person spends four of
the five minutes looking up things in the dictionary? :)

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level