tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 08 15:45:51 1997

Re: Quickie Question

> A friend has taken to using the word cha'wI as Lord siting "The Search
> for Spock" and David Barron as his reference's.  He also claims its in
> TKD,  Well I don't see this anywhere I look, and don't, particularly
> after reading KGT,  see it as a valid usage.  Am I incorrect and if so
> where is it referenced, or did he mishear David duting the visit to the
> KLAW folks in Florida?  David if your reading this do you recall the
> conversation and what was said.  Its not that I mind irritating my Line
> Lord :) but I'm already way down the promotion list! :)

The word is <joHwI'>. <joH>, "lord" plus <-wI'>, type 4 noun suffix of
possesion of something which uses language.

Suffice to say it was either mispronounced  or misheard.

David
--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level