tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 08 04:03:33 1997

Re: music scale (was Re: yu-bIm-'egh

ghItlhbej charghwI':

>On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:16:23 -0700 (PDT)  Guido
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> >Incidentally, Western music fits a twelve-tone tuning system. Since a
>> >pentatonic scale has five notes, that leaves seven, or a little over half a
>> >dozen. And since all 12 pitches are not often found in a melody, it is
>> >likely that less than 6 pitches not in a pentatonic scale can be found in
>> >*any* melody at all...

Please be more careful when quoting a quote. I did not actually write the
above paragraph, but merely quoted in a message of mine. Your message did
not cite the actual author of the paragraph and gave the impression that it
was directly from me. Let's watch this kind of error more closely, as
correct citations are more important with so many contributing subscribers
nowadays.

Guido

Back to archive top level