tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 07 12:58:21 1997

Re: KLBC: *DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob* ?

>Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:53:20 -0700 (PDT)
>From: [email protected]
>
>At the end of Dr Lawrence email,
>he always writes something like that:
>"The KLI is a nonprofit tax exempt corporation"
>Then he writes
>{DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob}
>I translate that as "Give us your money now!"
>
>1 - vImughchu''a' ?

HIja'.

>2 - vIyaj chay' 'e' Hech ?
>    (What does he mean with that?)

Umm... He means now, you should give us your money.  That is, take your
money, and give it to the KLI, and then the KLI will have it (and you
won't).  The KLI may be non-profit, but every organization needs money to
run.  The KLI publishes HolQeD, _From the Grammarian's Desk_, the
Shakespeare offerings (soon to include a second one), etc etc... It never
hurts to ask for some donations, right?

~mark

Back to archive top level