tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 06 08:25:48 1997

Re: KLBC: to do

ghItlh muHwI'
>Is there a word for "to do" ?

When I first came into tlhIngan Hol, I naively thought that it was a
weakness, not to have a word for "do."  But "do" is too loose a word. The
usage varies -- you can usually say either {vang} or {ta'}, depending on
the meaning.

Similar to the absence of "do" is the absence of "make."  But once again,
you can use either {chenmoH} or {lIng}, depending on the context.  (Or
sometimes {cher} -- see www.kli.org/cgi-bin/mfs/1997/Mar97/0906.html).

My pet favorite for "What are you doing?" is {chay' bIvangtaH?}
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level