tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 05 13:46:21 1997

Klingon poem

   toH - DuSaQDaq jIghoj jIH.  naDev DajbejtaH ghu'.  De'wI'QeD'e' vIHaDqu',
'ach *German* Hol vIHaD je.  Holmeyvam vIghojtaHbe'vIS tlhIngan Hol Qatlh
law' *German* Hol Qatlh puS.
   roD tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhbe'mo', jIqeqnISchu'taH jIH 'ej *KWP*vaD lut vIqon
vIneH je, 'ach jIDach.
   loQ Dub qabwIj Dop qab.

While trying to think of something interesting to write in Klingon, I
spontaneously wrote this little poem/story, like a twist on Shel
Silverstein's book, The Giving Tree.  You'll also notice something unusual
about it:

--Soj'e' Sor--

muD, taj, jIl ghop, boqrat gham 'om Sor.
Hoch por cha' Soj'e' Sor.
'oH poch.
'Iw chab poS Sop bachwI'.  chop Ho'.
roS 'e' joS, 'ach ropchoH.
roSmo' magh tar.
"qobpoghlIj" jat.  Dum.

SKI:  A gunner/marksman plants a magnificent tree that makes food for him.
 He eats one of its blood pies.  He dies of food poisoning.

Comments:  I left off <je> in the first line, and I think it makes the nouns
flow together, just as Okrand had that <beyHom bey bey'a' jach> on one of the
SkyBox cards.  The <roS 'e' joS> part is a little vague and unusual, but it
rhymes.  :P  I used <qobpogh> instead of <qompogh> for 2 reasons, one of
which was because the gunner is from the Krotmag region and was
mispronouncing that word in death... (I realize that the b is pronounced like
m, and not vice versa like in this example)

-Tad Stauffer
tugh jabbI'ID ghomvamvaD latlh pongngoq vIlo'rup: [email protected]

Back to archive top level