tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 04 16:56:50 1997

Re: KLBC: HeghvaD nol bom'a' (Requiem)

 [email protected] on behalf of SuStel wrote:

> > 	I'm trying to translate into klingon, a "Requiem" the
> > "Great funebrial song for the dead". Above, only the "Introduction" (yet).
> > It's quite difficult to adapt the catholic myths and rituals to an alien
> > culture,
> > but I think I can do it (with your help, of course).
>
> I'll leave the grammar explanations to the Beginners' Grammarian, but let me
> point out that Klingons consider a dead body an empty shell, and treat it as
> such.  A dead body is a health hazard, takes up space needlessly, and can be
> quite disgusting after a time.  I'm sure Klingons would find the most

	bIlugh, but their spirit will join the "Black fleet".

> efficient method of disposing of it as soon as possible.  Thus, they probably
> wouldn't sing funeral songs, they'd just vaporize or bury the body and be done
> with it.  Songs about the warrior still work, but these would not be tied to
> the disposal of the body.
>
> I wouldn't even mention this, except that you say you're trying to adapt the
> song to fit Klingon culture.

	Yes, I forget it .. I'll not adapt anymore, only to try to translate.

__
Eduardo Fonseca  || Belo Horizonte - Brasil
The brazilian' VGA Planets Home Page
http://www.Geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
yIlop! wa'leS chaq bIHegh

Back to archive top level