tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 02 13:04:52 1997

Re: rIghwI'mey vIHoH

At 10:47 AM 9/2/97 -0700, lab SuStel:
> [email protected] on behalf of Qov wrote:
> > DaHoHQo'qu'chugh batlh bIHegh'a'? DaHoHQo'chugh nuch qar'a' SoH?
>
> Hmm, {qar'a'} follows a verb or an OVS phrase. When used with a "to
> be" phrase, I'd imagine that it belongs at the end, not after the
> noun.  DaHoHQo'chugh nuq SoH qar'a'?

bIlughbej.  DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.

Often when I use qar'a' with a pronoun for emphasis {bIghung qar'a'
SoH?} I tuck it behind the pronoun.  Looks like it's become a habit
extended to where it doesn't belong.

> And that makes one wonder about a sentence like {nuch ghaH
> verengan'e' qar'a'?}. Can one say {nuch ghaH qar'a' verengan'e'?}

vIlaj jIH. 'ach lajqangwI' jIH qar'a'?

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level