tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 02 02:09:03 1997

Re: Introduction

At 01:32 PM 9/1/97 -0700, Biotech wrote:
>Hi, my name is Jalmari Raippalinna a.k.a Biotech and
>I've been into tlhIngan-Hol for about month, though I
>bought the TKD over a year ago.

Welcome. You're not our only Finnish Klingon speaker: I'm sure some
listmembers will identify themselves to you. If you've been on the list for
a few weeks you'll know I'm Qov, the Beginners' Grammarian and my mission is
to help you learn tlhIngan Hol.

>At the moment I'm looking for way to learn klingon a
>bit more easily that reading TKD over and over or
>listening to the CK or PK tapes.

You've already figured out two very important ways to learn.  Pay attention
other beginners: the 'over and over' is significant.  Every time something
new you notice.

The other thing you need to do--not sure if it's easier, but it sure is more
interesting--is practise.  Practise by posting to the list in Klingon and
reading the Klingon posts here.  Practise by talking to your
pets/plants/spouse/co-workers in tlhIngan Hol.  Practise by thinking to
yourself in tlhIngan Hol as you walk down the street.

Posting in Klingon will:
1. let you know if you understand the rules (because I'll tell you if you
haven't: mark your post with the letters "KLBC" in the subject line and that
puts my attention on it and holds off the nitpickers for a day or so), and
2. helps you to remember and internalize them.

>Well, that's about it. Currently, I'm very excited about
>tlhIngan Hol and I'm going to stydy very hard.

majQa'.  yIHaDchu'.  nom Hol ghojlaHbej HaDqu'qangbogh nuv.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level