tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 01 22:19:01 1997

KLBC: imperatives with {vaj}

/*Stardate 97670.3*/
/*Begin Transmission*/

nuqneH.

What is the consensus on using an imperative statement instead of an
"if" statement when using {vaj} "then, thus, so"?

Would the following be correct, or need reconstruction as an "if/then"
sentence?

DaH yIjatlh vaj qaHoH!  "Speak now or I will kill you."

Would this have to be:
yIjatlhbe'chugh vaj qaHoH! "If you do not speak now, then I will kill
you"?

(I understand that the "will" connotation is not necessarily supported
by the Klingon, but my main inquiry relates to imperatives with {vaj}
sentences.)

Qapla'!
pItlh.

*Dawut*