tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 01 16:55:39 1997

wejlogh jatlh <Okrand>

From: "Marc Okrand" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: yu - bIm - 'egh
Newsgroups: msn.onstage.startrek.expert.okrand
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 13:15:46 -0700

Good question!

I didn't have my oscilloscope handy when Maltz was explaining all of this.
Nor my tricorder, which I suspect would have done an even better job of
analysis.

I'm not a musical theorist, but from what I can figure, the first <yu> and
the next <yu> are not an octave apart; they are a nonave apart.

Does that help?

(Actually, I suspect it's more like the charghwI' version -- though I'd
have to hear it and run it by Maltz again to be sure.)

	- Marc