tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 29 20:33:05 1997

Klingonaase Pronunciation

DaH Saghel...

As many of you know, I maintain a (soon to be DRASTICALLY altered) page
concerning itself with Klingonaase, the "other" Klingon language.  I was
wondering a few things, mainly anyone's opinion concernign certain aspects
of the language.  For those of you not familiar with or not interested in
Klingonaase, go ahead and ignore this.  To keep on-topic, those who do reply
may want to do so in a personal e-mail rather than a message to the list.

First of all, I would like to know how everyone pronounces the words.  I
know most of you haven't actually spoken any Klingonaase, but how does it
sound in your mind.  If you could, pick up "The Final Reflection" and see
what you hear in your head.  When I read TFR, I hear "Klingonaase" as
{klInganeys}, where all letters are Okrandian other than {kl} and {s}, which
are self explanitory.  However, I hear "Kahlesste kaase" as {keylestey kas}.
Do you think that the "aa" letter is really a separate entity or are all of
the Klignonaase words transliterated into English?  I mean, in {tlhIngan
Hol}, "Klingon" is {tlhIngan}, right?  Basically, the point is, I want to
know if a new transcription/pronunciation system is required if one was to
begin a real study of the language, or if all of the words should be left at
face value and spelled as they are in the original text.  Does that make
sense?  If so, opinions?

Thanks for the time...

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level