tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 28 11:06:28 1997

Re: please translate

In einer eMail vom 27.10.97 16:57:28 MEZ, ghItlh charghwI':

>  luq. Since I wrote it, I'll explain. I won't give it away, I'll just give
>  good hints! :o)
<ngngng>

>  qaSDI' wej DIS - wej DIS is a number and a noun. The sentence works out to
>  translate well into past tense.
"as soon as happen three years" - why past tense?? "...happened three years"?

>  chay' *Hovjaj*meylIj DaghItlh? - The asterisked word was a guess on my
part
>  as how to translate a word - KGT tells us the actual word is HovpoH. So
I knew that. Holtej's program uses *Hovjaj* as "stardate"

>  substitute it in. Oh - remember what the prefix Da- means - what is the
>  subject?
Do you think I do not know that suffix Da- ? Duh!
Subject is {HovpoHmeylIj} I suppose.

>  SuStel includes a HovpoH in his messages. Now figure out what I was
asking.
You are wondering how he's gonna write the Stardate in three years, right?
"when have happened three years how your stardate you write it"
"How do you write your Stardate in three years?"

>  Qermaq

Did I get that write?
Maybe 00002.7 for January second?
I will be 20 on Stardate 00238.4 (??)

PS: Is there a program to calculate other dates than date of today?
How can I say that X-mas is on Stardate 97980 ?

muHwI'
Stardate 97825.8

Back to archive top level