tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 22 19:37:04 1997

Re: please translate

ghItlh muHwI':

>>qaSDI' wej DIS, chay' *Hovjaj*meylIj DaghItlh?
>wej vImughlaH
>DaH yImugh

luq. Since I wrote it, I'll explain. I won't give it away, I'll just give
good hints! :o)

qaSDI' wej DIS - wej DIS is a number and a noun. The sentence works out to
translate well into past tense.

chay' *Hovjaj*meylIj DaghItlh? - The asterisked word was a guess on my part
as how to translate a word - KGT tells us the actual word is HovpoH. So
substitute it in. Oh - remember what the prefix Da- means - what is the
subject?

SuStel includes a HovpoH in his messages. Now figure out what I was asking.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level