tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 24 09:04:46 1997

Re: KLBC - Fresh perspective

ja' Qov

}Qov yI'qel
If this were {Qov yIqel} you'd be asking people to consider me.  {Qov
yI'qel} just doesn't make sense, there being no known word {yI'}.  Don't
separate syllables with an added {'} mark.
<<<

HIvqa' veqlargh

I had originally written <yI'Il> and changed my mind to use <yIqel>
The problem was not hitting the backspace key enough and not
re-reading the post before sending it!

<Scout> 'Ip Daqelmo' qatlho'

}chovoqlaH,
Or {vIvoqlu'}  "I can be trusted."
<<<
jIQochbe'. vItam.

{jIQaHqang}  "I am willing to help" seems closer to "helpful"
<<<
jIQochbe'qa'

Is {jItay} or {jIDochHa'} closer to courteous?
<<<
<jIDochHa'> vIparHa'

}jImutHa',
}I don't really like <jImutHa'> for kind, but the thesaurus does show
}un-selfish as a
}synonym for kind.
It works for me.  Other ideas:
{pung vIlo'} {jIjIj} {jIqejbe'}
<<<
What about <jIqejHa'>? I didn't know the word <qej>.

}Huch lo'DI' jIyep,
{Huch vIlo'DI'}, or perhaps {vIlo'pa'} or {vIlo'taHvIS}
<<<
you do mean that I keep the <jIyep> qar'a'?
I guess that I really have to think about what "thrifty" means here.
How is one thrifty? Does one plan the use of money wisely? Now
that I see what I've written, I like <vIlo'pa'> the best.

Huch vIlo'pa' jIyep
or maybe even
Huch vIlo'pa' jIQubchu'
SI'IluD