tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 23 21:32:10 1997

Re: mu'tlheghmey Qatlh

ja' charghwI':
>...I thought Okrand once said that the head noun of a
>relative clause had to be subject or object of the {-bogh}ed
>verb. That's why we can't say "the ship in which I fled".

In HolQeD 4:2, Okrand was asked what the head-noun of a relative
clause can be.  He replied "I couldn't make the {-bogh} thing
work for me with anything other than subject or object."  Maybe
someone *else* could make it work, but if Okrand couldn't, it's
likely that nobody could. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level