tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 18 09:43:17 1997

Re: jangwI'

Andeen, Eric wrote:

> Because virtually all of my phone calls are either people who know me
> well enough to know I speak Klingon or telemarketers or wrong numbers, I
> have recorded my greeting in Klingon. The people who know me can record a
> message and derive some mild amusement. The telemarketers and wrong
> numbers run away in fear.
(snip)
> I received an interesting message yesterday. "Hmmm. Dutch? I don't
> understand it..." This was followed by 4 hangups in rapid succession - he
> was probably trying to figure it out.

Yup.  It's a lovely way to keep the junk calls down.  I once got a phone
call from my college alumni association begging for money.  The guy must
have been tolerant, because he left a message.  Then he called back, and
I could hear him and (probably) the guy next to him discussing whether
the message was recorded backwards.  They thought I was a Satanist!  <g>

--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')       [email protected]
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD ghojwI'            http://www.frontiernet.net/~qob/

Back to archive top level