tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 17 19:34:13 1997

jangwI'

Because virtually all of my phone calls are either people who know me
well enough to know I speak Klingon or telemarketers or wrong numbers, I
have recorded my greeting in Klingon. The people who know me can record a
message and derive some mild amusement. The telemarketers and wrong
numbers run away in fear. The message is: <nuqneH. Andeen juH DarI'ta'.
jabbI'ID yIqon, 'ej bIpotlhchugh qarI'qa'>. I recently added the "Andeen
juH..." so a caller could be fairly sure he got the right number, even if
he doesn't follow anything else. I don't recommend this for everyone, but
it works quite nicely for me: messages from headhunters and telemarketers
have gone down significantly.

I received an interesting message yesterday. "Hmmm. Dutch? I don't
understand it..." This was followed by 4 hangups in rapid succession - he
was probably trying to figure it out.

pagh

Back to archive top level