tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 17 22:54:42 1997

Re: chat rooms

lotHar writes:
>Yes, I do. Which one is the system with the most easy access
>for all of us?

The MUSH is as easy to access as IRC; there are telnet clients for every
platform, and most operating systems have specific MUSH clients as well.
I've never had any luck with web-based chat systems, and they don't work
at all for people who only have "shell" access.

IRC is fine as far as it goes, but it's *only* good for chatting.  A MUSH
has potential that goes far beyond a simple venue for talking with others,
but it's trivially simple to use it just to chat if that's what you want.

>From my point of view, the only bad point about the KLI-sponsored MUSH is
that it sometimes gets slow.  (It seems to have a rather small connection
to the 'net, at least when compared to some of the other MUSHes around.)

>See my point?

No, not really.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level