tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 12 06:02:25 1997

Re: chat rooms

>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 12:56:59 -0700 (PDT)
>From: [email protected]
>
>Why don't you (not you SuStel, but anyone who can) build some kind of a chat
>room on www.kli.org? Don't we have some gooood programmers around here?
>ghunchu'wI',  Holtej ?

Erm, we did.  That's what the MUSH is.  A chat system, running on kli.org,
and reachable via the web site.

Do people want me to try to find a Java telnet/MUSH client so at least
Java-enabled browsers can see it on the web page?  Java is closer to
being multi-platform than ICQ or the various Microsoft-only suggestions
I've seen.  Though the fact is that most system configurations have a
telnet client which will do the Right Thing when you select the link to the
MUSH on the website, so it's probably redundant.  Or would people prefer a
Java chat-system separate from the MUSH?  I warn that I'll look for the
most stripped-down one possible: the point is not to provide huge varieties
of chat rooms: we're all there to talk Klingon.

~mark

Back to archive top level