tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 11 11:08:09 1997

KBLC CKT deciphering

When it comes to learning from a tape I find I learn best by writing down
what I am learning to say and putting the literal word-by-word translation
along with the paraphrased translation out to the side.

Then I post this documentation where I can look at it as I am listening to
the tape.  This helps me with both the pronunciation and the correct spelling
for writing.

For example:
nuqneH   -   "what want"   -   "what do you want"

I am attempting to do this with the Conversational Klingon Tape.  I am having
the following difficulties when referencing my TKD.

tlhIngan Hol DaHaD[ru] 'a'   -   "Klingon language you study [ready?]"   -
  "are you ready to study Klingon?"

I can't figure out the "ru" sound (dah hadru).

Also, when Worf says "pay attention, concentrate", it sounds like MO says {eh
klem, eu bush}.  I know that qIm = "pay attention" and that buS =
"concentrate on" . . . but I don't see where the "eh" prefix comes from in
MO's pronunciations.  Any help here?

I have more, but this will do for a start, thanks.

Qapla'
QatanI
of IKV veqlargh *fury*
Dark Phoenix Quadrant