tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 10 11:02:32 1997

was KLBC. Floppies & qawHaq

According to Alan Anderson:

> ghel muHwI':
> >could I call a Floppy a {qawHaq} ?
>
> pongvetlh Dalo'chugh, vIyajbe' jIH.
>
>   *I* wouldn't understand you if you did.
>
> Actually, I tend to think of "memory banks" as the filesystem, the way the
> data is arranged in a logical structure, rather than the physical medium
> on which the data resides.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

DaHjaj qawHaq ghajbe' De'wI'mey. wej 'oghlu'. I have a cutaway
diagram of the Enterprise. There are two very large units
depicted there as "data banks". I'm certain the technology
represented there has little to do with floppy disks. qawHaq
'oHbe' Hoch De' polwI' jan. chaq De' polwI'Hom 'oH *Floppy
Disk*'e'.

For the Klingon Impaired: I'm choosing the term {De' polwI'Hom}
for "floppy disk" and its ilk. "Data banks appears to refer to
a specific type of hardware device in the Trek world. It is not
likely related to any existing technology.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level