tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 05 00:16:20 1997

Re: KLI Merchants Page

In a message dated 97-10-03 06:46:08 EDT, Lieven writes:

<< > tlhIngan Hol jeyHaDvo' paq vIje'DI' ghorgh vISuqlaH
 > When I order a book at the KLI's merchant's page, when do I get it?
 > (can I say "{ra'} a book" ?) How many weeks until I can get KGT?
 >
 > *germany*Daq jIDabtaH.
 > I live in Germany. >>

I prefer {paq vItlhobpu'}.  The word {ra'} means to command someone, I feel.

Also, I have determined and SuStel has backed this idea that {Dab} translates
as "live/reside/dwell in/at} and does not require a locative construction.
 Therefore, I say {Colorado vIDab}.  {Germany vIDabtaH} I also like very much
because I like the idea that {-taH} carries that the speaker continues to be
there, not just for an instant.

peHruS

Back to archive top level