tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 13:13:27 1997

KLI site review

Not having been able to stay current with tlhIngan-Hol for well over a
month (though my archive keeps growing), I don't know if this has already
been mentioned. The Oct., 1997 issue of _Yahoo! Internet Life_ magazine
(hard copy) reviews the KLI site on p. 106, under "Education: Learning a
Foreign Language". The review reads (the comments are mine!):

Klingons might be a fictional race*, but that doesn't mean they can't have
a real language. A trained linguist created** a complete artificial
language with its own vocabulary, grammary, and usage for one of the _Star
Trek_ movies. Fans took over and formed the KLINGON LANGUAGE INSTITUTE to
help "promote, foster, and develop" the language to to "bring together
Klingon language enthusiasts from around the world."
	www.kli.org	[2.5 stars out of a possible 4]

* qarbe'ba'!
** chenmoHbe'; qon!

tlhIngan veQbeq marqem la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcommander Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps --
       Death to Litterbugs!
    http://world.std.com/~mam/
 [usually checking in from [email protected]]

Back to archive top level