tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 10:02:58 1997

Missing lu-

[email protected] on behalf of Marian Schwartz wrote:
> ghItlh SuStel
> >This sentence is missing the {lu-} prefix on {maghpu'}, even though it's
> used
> >everywhere else in the card where appropriate.
>
> Of course, this might be [one of] the reasons for the passage in KGT
> starting on page 168.

	Except in formal situations, however, the omission of {lu-} in such cases
	is overlooked.  Though technically an error, and jarring to many Klingons'
	ears, it causes no confusion as to the intended meaning of the sentence.
	It is important to note that this does not mean that the use of {lu-} is
	optional; it is left off only under specific conditions.  (KGT 172)

I think the text of a SkyBox card counts as "formal."

SuStel
Stardate 97756.8

Back to archive top level