tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 00:43:16 1997

Re: KLBC ['avwI' qama' je]

At 13:32 97-10-02 -0700, Msala wrote:

maj.  DaH tlhIngan Holna' Daqon.
Right on.  Now you're writing real Klingon.

> 1. The Guard Tortures the prisoner . qama' 'avwI' .
bong DIp Danoppu'law', 'ach qayaj.
You missed the verb, but I know what you mean.

> 2. The Prisoner escapes. nargh qama'.
pup.  perfect.

> 3. The guard is angry .QeH 'avwI'
pupqa'.  perfect again.

> 4. The Guard kills the prisoner. qama' HoH 'avwI' .
wejlogh bIlugh.  You're right three times.

DaH yoybe'taH mu'tlheghmeylIj 'ej {'} Danopbe'taH je.  yIHem.
laHlIj DaDubta' 'e' leghlaH vay'.

Now your sentences aren't inverted and you don't keep skipping the
{'} either.  Be proud.  Anyone can see that you have improved your
ability.

Using the wordlist you have, and what you've just learned, see if you
can write some more simple OVS sentences.  When do you expect to get
your real Klingon Dictionary?

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level