tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 03 00:43:09 1997

KLBC Re: tagh yargh lut

At 23:48 97-10-01 -0700, peHruS wrote:

> tagh yargh lut

peHruS' story uses very straightforward (and correct) grammar and repetitive
vocabulary.  Despite its apparent length, it's good practice, and easy to read.
I recommend beginners read it.  It might be the first posting you've been
able to understand all the way through.

Some KGT vocabulary:
{raS} - table
{chatlh} - soup
{'ep} - consume soup

> nuq legh yaS

Note that peHruS doesn't use punctuation.  Some of his sentences are
questions, but they have no question marks.  We don't know anything about
Klingon punctuation, so some people prefer to leave it out altogether.

> jatlh yaS Soj vIneHbej
> qagh vIneHbej
> naH vIneHbej
> chatlh vIneHbej
> HIq vIneHbej

DIchDaj maqqu' yaSvam!

> qagh naH je jabchu' yargh 'ej Sop yaS
> chatlh jabchu' yargh 'ej 'ep yaS
> HIq jabchu' yargh 'ej tlhutlh yaS
> yuch jabchu' yargh 'ej Sop yaS

jabchu'qu' yargh.  yIQIj, peHruS, qatlh mojaqmeyvam Dalo'qu'?

> taHbej lut

vIloS.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian