tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 01 00:21:49 1997

Re: KLBC [M'Sala]

At 08:13 97-09-30 -0700, M'Sala wrote:

> nuqneH hochpu ! (Greetings Everyone )

You don't need to make {Hoch} plural, anymore than you should say
"everyones"  It's already plural.  Make sure you shift for the
capital {H}, too.

> lojmIt yipo sma HD (Open the Door) and yI'el (come In).

{lojmIt yIpoSmoH 'ej yI'el} - Good.  But watch your spacing, watch
your spelling and watch your capitalization.  Note that the Klingon
letter {'} is best represented with the apostrophe, the key next to
the enter key, not with {`} the backtick.

> Kha'mah gegh Neng Do `a' ! (My heart and Soul is yours )

I don't know where you got this, but it isn't tlhIngan Hol. You
didn't get these words out of the dictionary.  Looks like Paramount
Hol ... maybe someone's pronunciation of {*qa'maj 'ej  nong Daghaj}
-- which doesn't make a lot of sense, either.

Here's an exercise for you M'Sala.  Using TKD, figure out how to say:

The guard tortures the prisoner.
The prisoner escapes.
The guard is angry.
The guard kills the prisoner.

Read over section 6.1 first and make sure that your sentences are
object  - verb -subject. Be very careful with your spacing and
shifting: perhaps use another program where you can see the words
better and then paste the result into hotmail.

muHwI', I know you like to do every exercise I suggest, but leave
these for M'Sala!  If you want to participate here, answer this
question: chay' narghlaH qama'?

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level