tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 30 22:51:30 1997

RE: batleth (sp?)

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Andeen, Eric wrote:

> I don't know that we've ever seen one *used*, but Worf had two 'aqleHmey
> in his batlh bey' on the Enterprise (don't have an episode reference
> handy, but 5th season or later TNG). It looks exactly as described: cut
> a betleH in half and attach a stick to it for a handle. The Jem'Hadar
> weapons do indeed look a bit like 'aqleHmey too.

I believe we saw one in "Firstborn", wher the future Alexander returnsd to
train himself. In the beginning of the episodes, he's talking to Worf in
his quarters and is repositioning something on the wall which quite lloks
like the object discribed.

I remember, because I saw it only two days ago. (here in Belgium, they're
still not finished with their first run of TNG, so you can imagine nobody
here ever even heard of DS9 or VOY, or you have to be watching British
television)

Lt (j.g.) Jeroen Vantroyen
Chief Engineer, USS Belgica, NCC 72301

E-mail   : [email protected]