tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 30 20:46:36 1997

Re: "The ship in which I fled"

ja' ~mark:
>I can't find my HolQeD archives at the moment, but he rather explicitly
>answered in a HolQeD once that the head noun of a relative clause must be
>the subject or object of the relative clause.

"I couldn't make the {-bogh} thing work for me with anything other than
subject or object." (HolQeD 4:2, "Interview: Okrand on {-bogh} and more")
It wasn't quite an explicit rule; it was more of a strong implication.
But if Okrand couldn't make it work, it's pretty likely noone else can. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level