tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 28 20:46:45 1997

Re: batleth (sp?)

|ja' Voragh:
|>To further confuse things, we learn of a third weapon of this type on page
|>64 of "Klingon for the Galactic Traveller":
|>
|>"There exists a weapon that might be described as a cross between an ax and
|>a bat'leth. The {'aqleH} has what looks like half a bat'leth at the end of
|>a handle."
|>
|>I'm not sure what this is unless Okrand was thinking of the bladed weapon
|>sometimes used by the Jem'Hadar.  I believe Worf was training Alexander to
|>counter this weapon aboard the Rotarran in the recent "Sons and Daughters."
|>Worf gave the Jem'Hadar name, but I didn't make a note of it.
|
|wo'rIv pa'Daq nuHvam bey' wIleghpu'.  _tlhIngan tIgh_ nav wa'vatlh cha'maH
|loS yInuD. pa' loQ wa' cha'lu'.

|-- ghunchu'wI'

I stand corrected. I had completely forgotten about Worf's nuH bey' on the
Enterprise. The picture's too bright, but you're right - that's an 'aqleH,
along with a ghanjaq. (BTW, there's a much better picture of two ghanjaqmey
on TKW p. 204 along with the business end of a lIghon DuQwI' pogh.)

Voragh

Back to archive top level