tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 19:24:52 1997

Re: fractions ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Stoll <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, November 27, 1997 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: fractions ?

>Not in the US, true. But other countries, which don't usually use miles,
>might as well use "American miles" to differ american miles from sea
>miles, and all the other versions of "miles" which there are. Take Germany
>as an example.

The correct terms for these are "statute miles" and "nautical miles."  But
these are standard, accepted terms, and they have pre-defined meaning.  When
referring to a statute mile, 5280 feet, the terms "American kilometer" and
{tera' qelI'qam} just don't do it.

Besides, we're starting to learn a good deal about Klingon measuring
systems.  We can start using these, and stop relying on other translations.

SuStel
Stardate 97908.4

Back to archive top level