tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 27 13:59:41 1997

Re: fractions ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony.Appleyard <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, November 27, 1997 6:23 AM
Subject: Re: fractions ?

>Or should I avoid creating arithmetic problems and simply say that a {tera'
>qelI'qam} is a mile? In metric countries if 1 q. = 2 km, multiplying and
>dividing by 2 are fairly easy.

You wouldn't describe distances by saying "American kilometers," would you?
In the US we still use miles, etc. (and it doesn't seem likely to change
anytime soon).  You either talk of kilometers or miles.  One term cannot
replace another.

{tera' qelI'qam} would be just as silly.

SuStel
Stardate 97907.7

Back to archive top level